Now that you know my Word of the Year for 2018, I feel it’s only appropriate to share some of my badass plans for the next 12 months.
Over the holidays I read the book Joy for Beginners which is about a group of women challenging each other to do one thing they’ve never done before; something they’d been scared of doing, or were too busy to do in the past. It was a heart-warming story that inspired me to take a good look at my own life and see if there were any opportunities for me to live more adventurously and get out of my comfort zone.
A self-proclaimed homebody, all the evidence pointed to the fact that – yes – I could do with a little discomfort. Having tackled my limiting beliefs about being lazy, unqualified, unadventurous, etc. I decided to make a list of 12 things I’ve never done before and then actually do them in 2018.
Here’s what’s on my list – and why.
- Bake a loaf of bread from scratch – This is something I never ever ever in a million years thought I’d want to do. I can’t even crack an egg without having to pick out pieces of shell. We’ll see how it goes…
- Run a 10 KM race – I have always told myself that 5 km is the longest distance I could run. Screw that. In 2018, I’m going to make 10 km’s my warm-up ;)
- Do the CN Tower EdgeWalk – My palms are sweating as I write this. It’s not that I’m scared of heights, but I’m definitely scared of leaning off the edge of the CN Tower… lol. Oh well, doing it anyway!
- Get a massage – You read that right. I’ve never had a professional massage. It’s time.
- Take a clay making class or workshop – As someone who spends a lot of time online and in front of a computer screen, this seems like something I’d enjoy; getting dirty, being crafty, using my hands for something other than double-tapping on Instagram.
- Start an email list for my blog – I have been putting this off for so long. I don’t know why. It’s always felt like such a huge, daunting task. Daunting or not, it’s something I need to do, so Badass Newsha is going to suck it up and do it.
- Spend an entire day offline – No phone, no TV, no podcasts (wah!)… just me, myself and hopefully some fresh air.
- Host a three-course Vegan dinner party – Again, my kitchen skills are lackluster to say the least. However, now that I’m trying a Vegan-ish lifestyle, I figured it’s time to be self-sufficient and prepare an entire meal from start to finish!
- Learn how to play chess… or poker – Any classic strategy game will do. My go-to games are always trivia or word related, so I think it’s time to spice it up and learn something new.
- Wake up at 6 am every day for a week – As a notorious night owl, this is going to be hard, but worth it. Badass Newsha is a morning person. I repeat: Badass Newsha is a morning person.
- Record a podcast episode or YouTube video – Public speaking is an area I’ve always been drawn to. In 2018, I want to face my fears and actually put it into practice. I’ve got a lot to say, so this should be good!
- Become a Certified Life Coach – Omg! I can’t believe I’m finally taking the plunge and enrolling in a training program to become a Certified Life Coach. This has been a long time coming and I’m so excited. I finally believing in myself and my badass abilities to help others!
Even if I get through half of the things on my badass bucket list, I honestly believe I’ll be a better person in 12 months’ time. Whether it’s by teaching me patience or forcing me to face my fears or moving me one step closer to my business goals, every item on this list will no doubt add value to my life.
Let’s do this, 2018!
What do you think of my list? Boring? Ambitious? Mediocre at best?
Not Quite There Yet – but doing it anyway.